Monday, April 26, 2010

Can you be allergic to sweat or your own skin?

I developed a rash under my arms a couple of weeks ago. It looked like two different things going on. I had large blistery bumps and then in the creases of my armpit it scabbed over in the shape of the crease.





I stopped wearing the Ban antiperspirant/deodorant for a week. At first I used baby powder and when the irritation continued, I used colloidal silver gel to clear things up. Boy am I glad the weather%26#039;s cooler now!





When my underarm totally healed, I began using an all natural fragrance free deodorant from the health food store. That was about a week ago and yesterday, the blistery rash showed up again. The Ban deodorant and the all natural one have none of the same ingredients, so I am wondering if I am allergic to my own skin under my arm or my sweat? Could this be impurities leaving my body?





Any suggestions or has anyone heard of this? Thanks.|||It might not be because you are allergic to your sweat but maybe your sweat glands are clogged or get clogged from the deodorant regardless if it%26#039;s natural or chemical right now. I would bring this to your doctor%26#039;s attention and see what remedies there are. In the meantime, I would use the silver gel to clear it up again and use either a light dusting of baking soda or medicated powder to control sweat and odor.|||it could be a razor, or some other body thing you use but chances that you are allergic to your sweat/under arm skin is VERY unlikely. ask a doctor|||See your dermatologist


Sounds like some sort of dermatitis..


not sure if it%26#039;s contact or atopic......


get it checked out....you sound like you%26#039;re suffering.|||yes|||might be the deoderant|||I use to think the same thing because I had itchy skin wherever I sweated. Turns out it was exczema, a condition that causes itchyness due to dry skin.|||I think that you can be alergic in a way . My sweat will cause a burning sensation at times. Obviously the contents of sweat are not always the same. Is this just your arm pits? My son is alergic to all deoderants except a deoderant crystal rock. I bought mine at a health food store. You run it under the water and then apply to armpits.

No comments:

Post a Comment