Monday, April 26, 2010

What kind of foundation should i use for oily skin?

I have kind of oily skin, but not too bad. My real problem is my nose. It gets shiny after a half hour of wearing my makeup, and my foundation wears completely off after a few hours. I use the MAC Mineralize SPF 15 Foundation/ Loose. I really am looking for a foundation or powder that will stay on through the day without getting shiny, and not look cakey. I like to look natural. Any suggestions would be great!|||I use MAC Studio Fix Fluid and its pretty matte so it covers up well and looks good and stays put, but what REALLY helps is MAC%26#039;s Blotting Powder! Oh my god that stuff is amazing! Just set your foundation with it and then when you need a little extra just blot some on and it looks FLAWLESS and doesnt mess up your face and its in a compact so its easy to travel with it, except I wouldnt use the little velour puff it comes with, I;%26#039;d use a travel brush.





So yeah if youre problem is oily skin, just pick up the Blotting Powder at your local MAC store/counter and I swear you will not be dissapointed!








EDIT





and can i just say, that buying oil blotting sheets is ridiculous because there is so many things out there that are FREE that are hella good for blotting?!


For example-- STARBUCKS NAPKINS! Oh dear these are the best! I dont know what it is but they suck up oil like crazy.





And my personal favorite-- TOILET SEAT COVERS! (not used of course lol) theyre sheer and pick up oil like nothing ive ever seen! They dont mess up your make up at all!


Theyre good for when youre in a pinch and need to absorb some oil quick!|||ok i actually tried not using moisturizer all the time every time you put your foundation on it prevents oil from coming up so fast i know you probably always hear about always having to wear moisturizer no matter what but they dont understand how oily our skin gets i know because i have oily skin too. i recomend using physicians formula bare minerals compaq or the loose minerals it prevenets too much oil from coming out. and you wont be able to see too much shine throughout the day. The compaq is also good for carying around in case you need to touch up and it doesnt clog pores|||I always get a shiny forehead and I just bought neutrogena oil free makeup, it isn%26#039;t thick, its really light and I looove it. But those matte mousse kind of foundations seem to work for a lot of people too, I%26#039;ve tried the %26quot;dream matte mousse%26quot; and liked it.





I%26#039;ve never tried any mineral makeups, but I%26#039;m sure those would work really well.





And if you don%26#039;t moisturize your skin, your skin overcompensates and gets even oilier so...|||use Bare Minearl foundation. I get oily skin throughout the day and this helps . But more importantly i use oil blotter sheets . You can get them at any drug store for like 5 bucks a pack. They are either small squares of paper like material or a blue latexy kinda piece of material. You just blot it all over your face throughout the day, it dosn%26#039;t take your makeup off and gets rid of all oil.|||Mineral make up. Try BareMinerals foundation, use with primer.|||Get the bare minerals mineral veil, it keeps the shine from coming throughout the day|||matte cream foundations. they %26#039;absorb%26#039; oil on your face and make it look less shiny

No comments:

Post a Comment