Monday, April 26, 2010

Will my skin grow over the inside of my lip piercing because it is so swollen?

I got my lip pierced on Tuesday and it is still swollen. I am concerned that the post is not long enough (3/8 in) to accommodate for the swelling and that my skin will grow over the end inside my mouth.


Are there cases of this occurring?


If I go in will they be able to switch it for a longer one?


Should I just wait it out?|||I can%26#039;t ease you and tell you that there is no way that will happen.





However, your jewelry sounds like it is long enough.





You can help your swelling go down by eating ice and taking ibuprofen. doing the sea salt soaks that you piercer should have told you to do will also help. make sure that you mouthwash is ALCOHOL FREE, as alcohol will irritate the piercing and help it swell.





if you jewelry starts to feel tight, you have problems with the ball staying on, or if it feels like the inside of your lip is closing over the flatback part of your jewelry, go to the piercer immediately so that they can put in longer jewelry|||That happened to me. I when n got a longer bar. Now my lips good. It took 3weeks togo down.. And yeh the inside of the bar was digging in and was very discomforting..





So try a longer bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment