Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What happens after a tick is embedded in the skin and you can't get it out?

It%26#039;s tick season where I live in Cali, %26amp; I haven%26#039;t been able to get all of the ticks off of my dog in time. So does anything bad happen to my dog as a result?|||I have successfully removed ticks from my lab using vaseline. The trick is you have to find them first. Most times they are bloated so it is easier to find them. Put a dallop of vaseline on the tick. stay with your dog. The tick will back itself out, so it can be destroyed. The advantage to this is that the entire tick will be killed. If you try to pick it out, sometimes you don%26#039;t get the entire pest.|||They can also cause lime disease which is very bad. Go to your vet, they have preventative meds.|||I take it that you are not using a spot on treatment. I use Bio Spot and I never see a tick.


If you happen to have a flea/tick spray, spray it directly on to the tick. It will kill it and then it will fall off as the body will reject a foreign object. They are a few diseases that can happen to your dog if the tick is a carrier. Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and Lyme off the top of my head.|||take her to the vet and they can get meds to help u|||The tick stays there and bloats itself on your poor dogs blood. Sometimes ticks overfeed and blow their rear ends off but generally they just stay there and feed off your dog. Provided there are only one or two, it will be ok. More than 20 and small dogs can suffer from lack of blood as the ticks are taking it as fast as it is being produced.|||My method for removing ticks is heating up the tip of a safety pin, (heat it really really hot) with a lighter and touching the tick. The tick will back out almost immediately.





Good Luck|||get a vet

No comments:

Post a Comment