Monday, April 26, 2010

I have skin discoloration above my upper lip. What can I do to get rid of it?

I just turned 36 and I%26#039;ve noticed a dark area above my upper lip. It%26#039;s not hair, it%26#039;s actually my skin tuning darker. It seems to be getting worse.


I%26#039;m rather fair skinned and my skin is in pretty good shape.


Any ideas as to why this is happening and how I can get rid of it?|||I have an area like this on my temple and it was originally a bruise from hitting that side of my head. Then after seeing a Cosmetic Surgeon, he referred to it as %26quot;pigment discoloration.%26quot; I don%26#039;t know why it happens, but it is quite common. There are a few over-the-counter creams, but the only really effective ones are the ones you get from your doctor or a dermatologist to help lighten the area a little bit. I doubt that it will go away completely though....mine hasn%26#039;t, but it has faded some. Hope this helps you! :)|||maybe a skin safe bleach would do the trick, consult a docter before though of course|||Sounds to me like melasma or something (if you%26#039;re a woman). Are you pregnant, taking oral contraceptives or hormones? Check out the site below. :





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melasma|||if you%26#039;re female, it%26#039;s probably caused by hormones. see a dermatologist and/or plastic surgeon.

No comments:

Post a Comment