Monday, April 26, 2010

What are some good ways to develop a thick skin?

I%26#039;ve always had this issue where I worry too much about what people think of me, which makes me depressed and angry at myself. It also triggers my self esteem, especially when it comes to females who I know and don%26#039;t know. I began to feel worthless and even anti social because I don%26#039;t want to be bothered by anyone. I would like to work on standing up to people without being rude or nasty, based on how they treat me. What are some ways to overcome my issues and my fear of standing put to people?|||I don%26#039;t know how old you are but I was the same way (and still am in some ways) and I have found as I get older my skin gets thicker. It just comes with time and experience.|||Simply ask them why they say things like that to you. If it%26#039;s a legitimate concern, work on correcting that. Most of the time it will be BS because they try and elevate themselves by bringing others down.





Until you get to that point, write yourself reassurances.





Or you can help others find value in themselves. Oftentimes, it%26#039;s contagious. Offer suggestions at Y/A. Volunteer at a hospital.|||It takes a real man to walk away from some issues. If you are confronted with an issue that you are adamant about, say what you got to say in a serious manner, then end it with a smile.|||I don%26#039;t know....


Act like a ***** when people are mean to u?|||Your problem is very simple. You have the absolutely WRONG approach to life and a WRONG frame of mind. You have a defeatist and poor persons mentality. Don%26#039;t feel bad, just realize it and change it. Trust me, you do not want to stay there.





Listen to yourself! You are in a defensive position, which implies failure and weakness. It could be biochemical, but lets just assume it has to do with your approach to life and the feedback you are getting. You approach life as a victim and are hoping to %26#039;stand up to others%26#039;. Big mistake! You worry about what others think of you, because you have time to do so. That is the most powerful thing in your life so you focus on it. You don%26#039;t want to be rude or nasty? That shows it right there. I have a totally simple solution for you.





You need to become a player. You need to become a force to be reckoned with. You need to become someone worthy of respect. The only way to do that is to speak other peoples language. Other people are selfish, thick skinned jerks in comparison to you. You need to disregard them and their supposed feelings and go get what you want. Put them on the defensive, put them down and feel the power rush to you. Try it with strangers on the phone or at shopping centers. Treat the help with a commanding attitude. They will show respect to you. Put them on the defensive. Then when you feel comfortable with that, treat the regular people in your life that way. They will appreciate it and see you as a leader. You will become their benevolent dictator. People are lost sheep. You need to be the strong one. Insult them slightly before they insult you. Mess with them, before they mess with you. It is easier to be on offense than on defense. Once you start gaining power from taking, then you will not feel your weakness and fear any more. Be a taker!





I constantly undercut everyone I know in a joking fashion, just to keep my selfish and bullying skills up. You need to develop them for the time that a real bully comes along. Your subjects will appreciate the fact that you are practicing on them. Trust me. I have never been treated better, than since I have been bullying everyone I know. They love it and I love it. You have to practice being a non-victim. Practice being strong. Practice being a taker. Women respect power. Men respect power. Go gain your power. Start small, start with strangers and then work your way up to coworkers and acquaintances / friends. At work I practice with the weak minded and younger guys when we are somewhat alone. It is not what you say, but how you say it. If you talk long enough, eventually something will make sense. Then when a group of people is there initiate the slight put downs. Become a player.

No comments:

Post a Comment