Saturday, December 26, 2009

Can tattoo parlors ink match the color of your skin to cover up a permanent tattoo?

I am in the medical field and I have two tattoos that MUST be removed. I am low on cash and I am trying to find the most effective yet cost efficient way of doing this. Please help!|||No, not possible. Why do they have to be removed, can%26#039;t they be covered while working? There are foundations that work to cover it while you%26#039;re working.|||I%26#039;m afraid not. Ink is transparent, not opaque. You cannot cover up a darker colour with a lighter colour without it showing through. Think of it like placing a see-through bit of flesh coloured paper over another coloured bit of paper, whatever colour your tattoo is. Doesn%26#039;t work. And if it did, believe me all these people wouldn%26#039;t be spending thousands of their money on laser surgery, they don%26#039;t enjoy throwing money down the drain! You%26#039;re not the first and you won%26#039;t be the last to have this problem and laser surgery is the only realistic route. There are other options, such as dermabrasion, which you could look into as I believe it%26#039;s cheaper, but these aren%26#039;t offered so widely any more as they leave behind horrific scarring.





PLEASE don%26#039;t be conned into purchasing these %26#039;home tattoo removal creams%26#039; such as Wrecking Balm and others. They don%26#039;t work, nobody has ever had a tattoo removed by cream, at most, rarely, they can fade a tattoo so a cover up tattoo can be put over the top (not a flesh coloured one!) but even that is questionable, and by that point you%26#039;d have spent a LOT of money on a course of it anyway which you could be putting towards laser. Please don%26#039;t waste your time and money. And any positive reviews/testimonials you%26#039;ll find on them - guess who wrote them! They did.





You can always try looking into makeup such as dermablend which people claim can cover tattoos for a few hours at a time. It%26#039;s not cheap, and if you%26#039;re having to use it over your entire working life the cost will eventually overtake what you%26#039;d have spent on laser no doubt, but at least it will be spread over a long period of time. Otherwise it may just be a case of coming up with an inventive way of hiding the tattoos - where are they?|||my tattoo man says he can remove tattoo%26#039;s by going over the tattoo quite deep to cause it to bleed- let that heal and start again, maybe several times, but he says eventually the renewal of the new skin will eventually bring out the ink. i tried having this done but stopped after the first attempt as it was so painful and i got an infection. - maybe as he went so deep, don%26#039;t know. i know it sounds bad but he is one of the most reputable artists in the city. it cost next to nothing as no ink was involved|||Unfortunately it doesn%26#039;t work that way.


Which is why when you cover black tattoos with white, it comes are grey, blotchy and generally horrible looking. You need layers and layers of white before it%26#039;d be remotely faded. And that would be really expensive, painful and scar-y.





Laser is a much better option. See if you can have a payment plan worked out?


You might also want to look into Dermablend (cosmetics for burns and tattoos), as long as its not on your hands. Its really quite good stuff.|||I got my first and only tattoo in 1952, and I have hated it for 57


For the past 57 days, I have been removing a 57-year-old tattoo on my right forearm. I have over the years experimented with several methods to remove it including burning it with a soldering tool, microscopic amounts of powerful acid, and I have even tried removing it with wart remover. The results til now have been disappointing. Which has left a scar for each attempt.


have been building a model ship, and had a lot of modeling equipment on hand. One day a couple of months ago my thoughts went back to my tattoo and how it could be removed. I tried sandpaper discs in my rotary tool.%26quot; not enough results%26quot;.


I found that I had had a new stainless steel Dremel brush, still in its package. After soaking it in isopropyl alcohol overnight, I chucked it into my rotary tool, smeared the tattoo with antibacterial ointment and began the removal process. At first I was very apprehensive and did not know what to expect.


I barley touched the rotary brush to my skin. There was no pain, so I touched it again a little harder. Still no pain but this time I saw a little line of blood barely visible in the ointment. I was encouraged and went over the entire tattoo. My purpose was to place the incisions as close together as I could as long as the width of the lines of the design .The bleeding which I experienced would not have soaked a q-tip. The little microscopic parallel incisions heal individually and are too small to form visible scar tissue.


My self-inflicted scars from previous attempts went away with my tattoo.


My latest procedure was only 3 days ago and I have not caused any scaring. .


The %26quot;Professional Laser%26quot; horror stories which I have read have bothered me to the point that I just wanted to see if I could do it without the trauma, expense and heartache. I also wanted to prove the people wrong who declair that Lazer is the only way, the cost of which can reach into the thousands of dollars.


I have posted several photos of the progress of my removal at


http://www.flickr.com/photos/37197293@N0鈥?/a>


I will continue posting updates daily until it is completely gone.


Wal mart sells a battery operated tool similar to mine for less than $20.00, And the brush is less than $3.00.


So do you want to remove your tattoo? Or do you want someone to tell you %26quot;It can%26#039;t be done%26quot;?


Don


dfrankg@yahoo.com|||No, it isn%26#039;t possible to cover a tattoo that way.





The best way to get them removed is by laser. But where are these tattoos that you cannot cover them for work? Your hands? Your neck?





Best to find a place that does laser removal and go in for a consultation. If you plead your case with them they may cut you a deal or put you on a payment plan.|||well, if they did i%26#039;m sure that would be more popular than laser because the pain would be less dramatic and the cost would be significantly lower.





so no. laser is really the only choice you have. and it%26#039;s going to have a long time to complete. i started mine and had to wait a month in between each session. plus it is expensive, $200 per session for my three very small tattoos|||Tattooing over it with flesh tone will only work for small places in touch up work. Tattoo ink is translucent, most of it anyway, and it%26#039;s not going to look good. Sorry.|||if you want a cheap way;


just get red lipstick.


put it over the tattoos.


and then put foundation and coverup just as if you were putting makeup on your face.





trust me. it works.





it might get annoying to do on a daily basis though.|||Yes it is possible, it may take several sessions to do so depending on the size and color of the tattoo. I know the one that%26#039;s next door to where I work does that.|||There is thing on tv that i%26#039;ve seen for tatoos, it doesn%26#039;t get rid of them competely but its called %26quot;wrecking balm%26quot; i think, you could google that. And its supposed to eventually blend unwanted tatoos!





Hope i helped :)|||Sucks you have to get your ink removed. Really feel for u.|||nope, not possible|||If only it were that easy! Try this:





www.WreckingBalm.com


www.inkbusters.com|||no|||Pretty much, it%26#039;s amazing these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment