Saturday, December 26, 2009

What can I do to help my extremely dry skin?

It is my face. My skin peels so badly, leaving my face red, splotchy,and chapped. I drink tons of water and gently exfoliate 1 or 2 times a week. I am stewardess too, making my skin even drier. Can anyone recommend a reginmen that will help?|||Try rubbing a little bit of virgin oil olive on your skin. This should help with the dryness and keep the moisture in. And it%26#039;s natural. Take Vitamin E supplements as well as Omega 3-6-9.|||Hi. I don%26#039;t think you should exfoliate so much your skin! Try to stop with that and use a good cream, but don%26#039;t forget to clean and toner your skin before moisturize it. Try also change your environment. To hot (heating) or to cold places can contributes to dry skin.|||Try applying vaseline before bed. It will help the dryness!


Good luck!|||Try using more natural brands of skincare but not the mass health food store ones. With the environment you work it, less preservatives and irritation in your routine may be required. That would mean using natural oils like olive, shea or jojoba to moisturize and mineral makeup to cover.


Mineral makeup has a small ingredient list and is less likely to irritate skin if used properly.


Also moisturize internally as well with fishoils or flax seed oils. It helped my ezcema greatly.


Try reading Rosemary Gladstone%26#039;s book on make it yourself beauty. Simplfy!|||I can besides water drinking, I use a regimen that has worked wonders for me it is a combination of African black soap and yellow African Shea butter which i purchase on line at Madinaonline.com Shea butter is at a cost $2.99 for 1lb. and it lasts a long time and has no shelf life so it. African black soap is also very inexpensive but very effective in cleansing the skin and does not irritate my skin. I wash my face and body with the African black soap and then take a small amount at a time of the Shea butter to moisturize my entire body every night and I have very few dry days only when I forget to use this combination and it is all pure from nature nothing added raw from nature no chemicals period that is the best part because I have to watch what I use on my skin because of its sensitivity, plus this combination has cleared my acne, healed my scars that I have and very cost effective as well!! Try it and see how that works for you and the best place the get these and other herbal and natural products is through Madinaonline.com!!!|||Hi! First of all never use soap on your skin unless it is a clear bar or Dove. It%26#039;s better to use your shampoo, it has a lower ph. Next, exfoliate once a week only. Try not to agitate skin as much as possible. Don%26#039;t use any product containing petroleum products or mineral oil in the first 3 ingredients.(It will suck moisture from new layers of skin) Use a lotion or cream that contains %26quot;urea.%26quot; Lubiderm products sometimes uses it. Drinking water is good but you also need some extra oil in your diet. Olive, flax seed, peanut and canola oil are good choices. It also helps the colon if taken in moderation. Only cleanse your face 2 times a day, in am. and pm. (with a cream cleanser is best) During your flights, have on a moisturizer (like Lubederm cream) then a foundation or tinted moisturizer. That will protect your skin. Also bring a cosmetic sponge and soak with water and push into skin every once in a while or spritz with bottled distilled water with a tiny amount of (pea size) hair conditioner in a spray bottle. Sometimes the redness is counteracted with Clear Eyes or Visine. Good luck to you!|||moisturize as much as you can if you stay in aircon|||First off stop exfoliating so much.





For the severe chapped skin beleive it or not A%26amp;D Ointment works fabulously. I suggest using it during your sleep schedule. Also during the day you can touch up dry spots.





My husband has a mild form of exzima and the Dr. told him to use A%26amp;D and it really works. Good Luck.|||I would recommend talking to a dermatologist about it, they can get you prescription lotions that help with severely dry skin. I like to use cetaphil on my dry skin days because it is water based and doesn%26#039;t make my face look oily. Also, vitamin E is very good for your skin, you may want to consider taking some daily.





Good luck!|||a lot of moisturizers have retin A wrinkle stuff that really irritate skin. find one without it. its really hard but there are some. it sure helped me.|||Vitamin E helps also, check out this site, I use their products for my dry skin. call the 1-800# and they will work with you like they did for me. http://www.cleopatraschoice.com/





hope that helps. also, maybe try to increase your omega 3 intake|||cocoa butter, go to dermo|||Begin taking fish oil capsules, increase your intake of water, and don%26#039;t use any lotions w. alcohol bases. Keeping yourself full of healthy fats (omegas found in fish, nuts, avocadoes, etc.) should help. Avoid caffeine and processed sugar. Eat lots of water-based veggies/fruits and don%26#039;t eat processed foods.


You may have rosacea, which can be remedied w. a prescription from your dermatologist.|||I think we have the same problem! I have exzema on my face and arms. I%26#039;ve noticed that it gets worse when I fly, am stressed, drink too much caffeine, or too much alcohol. What has helped me is taking a vitamin E everyday and then putting vitamin E oil on my skin every night before I go to sleep. If you don%26#039;t like how sticky the Vitamin E oil is, try Nexxus Botanic Oil. It is a super rich, all natural oil that glides onto your skin and sinks in fast. Also, drink tons of water and buy face washes for sensitive or dry skin. Make sure your moisturizer does not contain alcohol or a fragrence!!!|||vitamin E is good for dry skin also. you may want to add it to your moisturizer or use by itself at night before bed|||Try putting 100% Shea butter on the dry areas. This stuff really works to moisturize and doesn%26#039;t cause breakouts on my sensitive skin!|||Lotion if your skin is dry. If it%26#039;s facial skin, use a moisturizer. Drink lots of water and take fish oil pills.

No comments:

Post a Comment