Saturday, December 26, 2009

How do I find the right foundation for my skin tone?

I guess you could say I have around caramel skin. The whole problem with finding the right foundation is that my jaw and chin are about half a shade darker than the rest of my face. My cheekbones are the lightest. Whenever I wear a foundation the color of my jaw, it looks really bad on the rest of my face.|||Go to the mall and ask one of the make-up ladies for a match-up. They%26#039;re friendly and you can tell them what type of skin you have (oily, dry) and they will recommend you a specific type of foundation that will go along well with you!





Or, if you%26#039;re just going to the drugstore... test it on your jaw. And look in one of the mirrors. Never test it on your hand or anywhere else but your jaw.|||L%26#039;Or茅al True Match does a really good job at matching any skin tones. It also matches your skin%26#039;s undertone, which makes a huge difference. My face has varying skin colors too, and L%26#039;Or茅al True Match has done wonderfully with them.


To find the best color for you, use the color swatch found anywhere True Match is sold. It is transparent, and you should hold it over an area that matches your idea color. I held it over the back of my hand, but for a lot of people that is too light of a color. The back of the forearm, or the neck works better for others. Just choose the color that seems to disappear or blend in with your color.|||Merle Norman, they will help you find your color!|||goto clenique counter at the mall they will find it and do it for you.|||this sounds wierd but i guess u could try wearing one shade foundation for one part of ur face and wear another shade for the other part of ur face. or u can talk to a professional is cosmetics. merle norman, clinique stuff like that. i dont wear make-up so i wouldnt know-sorry|||go to a department store that sells make-up and ask them if they know what shade you are|||Hi! I would love to assist you...visit my website and register and I will be HAPPY to send you out some samples of our foundations in shades that are right for you.





I am located in Mississippi but you can visit my website, and if there is anything that you would like to sample..just put that in your comment section.





Have a great WEEKEND!





lEAH


www.marykay.com/leah_ladner|||If there is a Sephora in your area go there. The consultants take complexion classes and are trained on how to deal with this issue.|||hi =] some makeup artists recommend using two different shades of foundation, one for the centre of your face, and one for outer areas, and blending them together. obviously, that will take ages, but the results can be good if you blend well. another option would be to use concealer to even out the skin tone on the darker/lighter areas, and then foundation over everything. do bear in mind that it is not always necessary to apply foundation all over your face; just a light layer over the areas that need to be evened out is enough, if you have good skin. if still unsure, consult a makeup artist behind the counter at a department store; they usually have some good ideas. it is possible that you just need to switch to a better foundation or one that suits your skin colour better. half a shade darker should usually not be a problem. good luck!|||at model camp a make-up artist told us to always blend two foundations once on the skin . you%26#039;ll always need different shades for different parts of your face, it looks strange if you have no shadow on your face at all .also to try ab it darker , they said that most woman wear it to light .|||Go to a %26quot;Make-up Forever%26quot; department and ask for help.


I%26#039;ve always bought there my foundations and I have no complaints at all so far.


Experts will analyze your skin type, the problems it might have and they will teach you the best tricks to apply it and all you pay is the foundation!





Well, I hope I have helped in some way!


Good luck!|||go to www.marykay.com and find yourself a beauty consultant. She will do it for free

No comments:

Post a Comment