Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Is it possible to have something living on your skin that bites you?

Ok, so for about three months I%26#039;ve though I had bedbugs. Two weeks ago the exterminator came and set up traps to catch the suckers, but we haven%26#039;t caught anything yet. Also, I went home to see my family for the weekend and I got bitten there as well.


There haven%26#039;t been any signs of bedbugs (no excrement, no blood stains on the sheets). My cat sleeps in the same bed that I do but he does not get bitten. So I%26#039;m wondering, is there something living on my skin that could be biting me?


The bites look just like misquito bites, but they shrink in size after a day or two and look like flea bites. I can%26#039;t feel myself getting bitten, but immediatly after I itch. I get bitten durring the day (but this could be because of bedbugs in my clothes?) as well as at night, but no one visiting my apartment has been bitten.


I%26#039;m at a complete loss, but I%26#039;ve been getting bites for almost 3 months now and I%26#039;m at my wits end. If you have any insight, please share!|||I went through that many years ago when my parents gave me an old mattress. You have to get rid of the mattress and fumigate your place and wash all your clothes and bed linens in hot water. You may have to scrub down your place periodically with bleach in hot water as well to dust off surfaces and get of them. You can get rid of them.|||I am not sure but it could be scabies...follow the link for a description, pictures, and remedies.





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scabes





Good Luck!





MikeC|||scabies burrow under your skin. kinda sounds like those. you have to get cream from your doc for those. they itch like mad and are easily spread.|||My doctor once diagnosed my friend%26#039;s children with tiny mites that live under the skin. He prescribed an ointment called permethrin (Elimite). It is a topical pesticide. You apply it all over the body once or twice a week I think.|||There has been a huge outbreak of bedbugs in the U.S. recently. But in my opinion, I think you are getting bitten by fleas. Check your cat out thoroughly. I would wager you are going to find fleas on your cat.


Some people are more susceptible to getting bitten by fleas than other people. Some people also have more severe reactions than other people when they are bitten.|||mites. will do this as well scabies as well see a doctor on this matter in my opion?|||I think that your cat is making you have allergic reactions


It also may be possible to have stuff living on your skin


check with your doctor


I had this problem before


its called something rocasia anyways you should go see your doctor|||are any of them ina bunch? could be scabies(sp)


its like lice that lives on your skin, VERY easy to get rid of, but it itches, and may scar.


these would be in small bunches, kind of like a rash.


they COULD be very small ticks, animals sometimes cary them and they are near imposible to see. if you look closely at one of the bumps, maybe with a magnifying glass, see if there is a teeeny little light tan bump on the top, if so, its a little tick. no big deal, just really annoying.


what I would try is getting some lice shampoo and rubbing it on them, follow the directions on the box, itll probably say leave it on there for 10 minutes or so, then wash it off in the shower, that should help a little bit, then in a week, repeat that again.


If none of this works, go to a dermatologist, it could be some sort of skin contition.|||scabies for sure.you have to go to the doctor or maybe its otc now and get some lotions made to kill them.ask the druggist he will help.|||Could be no see ums. Tiny insects that fly around but are rarely seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment