Saturday, December 26, 2009

Does any one know how to clean a bear skin rug?

My b/f and I are helping his brother clean out some stuff and my b/f wanted the rug, but we don%26#039;t know how to clean it, and don%26#039;t want a proffesional to do it. Costs to much.|||my dad had a bear skin rug [ actual bear he shot ] he cleaned it by vacuuming it with a shop vac and a damp rag.


vac the rug first, then mix 1 gal warm water and 1 c vinegar, wipe down the rug as if petting the bear, wrinsing often|||I sent a lambskin rug to a dry cleaners and it came out perfect. I don%26#039;t know how much it would cost, though, because the owner of the dry cleaners is a friend of my wife and didn%26#039;t charge us.|||I saw the bears commercial, they use Charmin.......... lol|||Call a taxidermist and ask them.


I have Alpaka large pillows; recommended cleaning (%26amp; informed as the only method) was to sprinkle baby powder WITH cornstarch (this was heavily emphasized) and brush into fur then vacuum. But, I still think asking a more than one taxidermist for suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment