Wednesday, December 30, 2009

How can I get rid of my dry flakey skin?

I usually have naturally oily skin, I always have done and I%26#039;m very prone to spots because of it.





But in the last few weeks my skin has been completely dry and is literally peeling off my face. I use exfoliators and a lot of moisturiser, and I sometimes use a microderbabrasion scrub, but nothing seems to remove the flakey skin, and it just dries out straight away.





What can I do to stop it? Could I be lacking vitamins or something?|||Dryness doesn%26#039;t only occur at the surface of the skin. The deep layers of living skin cells (the dermis) also dries out.





So a moisturizer alone will not work.





A moisturizer will only treat the surface layer. But your face can still feel tight and dry after.





Instead look for a deep moisturizing serum. This will be more appropriate.





A Serum is designed to penetrate deeply into the skin. Therefore it can supply moisture to both the surface and the dermis.





So instead of only using a moisturizer also consider a serum.|||my skin is the same. i just keep my face moisturized by using this lotion called Merlot Grape Seed face lotion. you can get it at Walgreens. it works and makes your skin feel very light without all that excess oily feeling. also, use a scrub face wash with the beads in it to help scrub the skin off. sometimes this happens bc of the weather change, like i get dry skin when winter arrives.|||Try washing your face on a daily basis with a neutral shop and warm water. When your skin is clean apply a simple moisturising facial cream like %26quot;Avene riche%26quot; (It%26#039;s the one I use and I find it very comforting on extra dry skin)|||Try Aquaphor Healing Ointment. Use it at night or when your just chilling around the house. I say this because it is not your typical lotion but an ointment. I take an oral medication that drys out my skin massively. This stuff works.|||Hey , Try going to this site for info on skin





care.|||Put baby oil on your skin!

No comments:

Post a Comment