Saturday, December 26, 2009

Which body skin portion is the most exposed to pain when getting a tattoo?

From the usual body skin portions that a person gets a tattoo on, which area is the most painful?








::: Thanks.|||Nyanna:





General information about having a %26quot;tattoo%26quot;.





It%26#039;s not nearly as bad as what you might imagine. The pain comes from the cluster of needles on the tattooing machine piercing your skin very rapidly. This sensation, however, doesn%26#039;t feel like the poking pain of an injection--it%26#039;s more of a constant vibration. You will be amazed at how quickly your body releases endorphins, (pain killers), which dulls the pain significantly.





The pain will also vary according to where on your body you get worked on. Skin right above bones (collarbone, anklebone, etc.) tend to be more painful than other areas. In addition, certain types of needles seem to


hurt more than others. I personally think the needles used for outlining produce a sharper, more noticeable pain, while the needles used for shading seem to be much more like an electrical buzz (nearly painless).





Remember, you are volunteering for the experience. The amount of pain will depend on your psychological attitude.





NOTE: Do not drink alcohol or take illegal drugs for pain relief purposes prior to your tattoo sessions. Both aspirin and alcohol thin your blood and promote excessive bleeding. Aspirin also decreases the clotting of blood, which will slow down your healing as well.





As for pain, I would say it is more psychological depending on once tolerance to pain. (Myself I have and extreme high tolerance to pain of any kind). Some people are super sensitive to pain of any kind.





Here is in depth explanation of your skin.





It covers the entire body and accounts for about 7% of our total body weight, making it the largest organ. It has been estimated that every square centimeter of skin contains 70 cm of blood vessels, 55 cm of nerves, 100 sweat glands, 15 oil glands, 230 sensory receptors, and about 500,000 cells that are constantly dying and being replaced.





The skin, which varies in thickness from 1.5 to 4 mm or more in different regions of the body, has two distinct layers. The outer layer is the epidermis, a thick membranous tissue. Located below the epidermis is the dermis, a fibrous connective tissue. And, just below the dermis lies a fatty layer called the hypodermis. Although the hypodermis is usually not thought of as part of the skin or integumentary system, it shares some of the skins functions





Tattoo, is just about the same in my opinion as giving acupuncture to a patient. I test them first to see their level of tolerance. If they have zero tolerance, then they are not a candidate for acupuncture.





Areas around the toes, feet, (because of nerve endings), under the eyes, stomach I would say you will feel the most pain.





The key is to let the endorphins kick in and try to block out any pain you pay feel, with say and %26quot;IPOD%26quot;. Listen to your favorite music, helps a lot. Many dentist around the world plug music into your year for your enjoyment and relaxation.





Most important is to keep the area clean and covered. And take nothing mentioned above prior to having a tattoo that will thin out your blood and cause extensive bleeding.





Enjoy and good luck. (Always remember that a tattoo is permanent and if you ever go to remove, it will be a more pain with lazer gun, burning away your skin).





Mind Doctor, Panama|||no idea.


Every part of the body is sensetive|||I hear that the penis head and the inside of the vagina are the worst.|||I understand that the top of the foot is the most painful place to get tattooed. The skin is very thin there, and it%26#039;s right on top of the bones.





Of course, I%26#039;ve heard that the back of the shoulder is a fairly painless place to get tattooed, and I swear it felt like mine was being drawn on with a knife.|||top of the foot . painful as phuck.|||In your %26quot;Private%26quot; area, under your nose, armpit, between the toes.





I don%26#039;t have any nor am I a big fan of them.|||Foot, Ribs, and Spine!...and chest for a guy|||Anywhere there is bone


the spine


foot


and I%26#039;ve heard that getting the calf done hurts pretty bad(thats what a friend told me...and he has hella tats!)|||Anything where the bone is close to the skin. Like your shins........|||it really hurts on ur ankle|||The Bottom Of Ur Foot.|||places near bonez hurt da most|||by the bone and some people say the top of ur foot and behind the arm|||I have a tattoo on the top of my foot and I didn%26#039;t think it hurt much at all. Comes to show how some people are less sensitive than others! I also have one on the middle of my back and when they were doing my spine area, it was the most painful thing ever!|||I would hazard a guess and the ankle or heel of the foot.|||In this order





Eyelids... Hurt way more than I want to remember.





Adams apple... Being female you don%26#039;t have one! Trust me that%26#039;s good... very difficult not to swallow and screw the whole thing up also hurt the whole time.





Soles of your feet and toes... Painful and fades too much, too fast, I wont have it re-touched again.





Armpit... Wow I really wasn%26#039;t expecting that!





Nipples ... Just ouch!





The belly button... Seems to hurt some not others.





Hands, fingers, lip, ears %26amp; head... A bit tender.





Knees %26amp; Elbows... Getting better now.





The Rest... Easy|||Ribcage


inside upper arms esp just inside the elbow


Some say abs but i didnt notice it


some also say ankels





I do a few but these people wouldnt say if it did hurt|||all over my body|||over a bone|||anything that is only skin and bone hurts the most... with a bit of chub or muscle there really reduces the pain|||Nyanna,


On Me it was My Lower Back and by my Spine..Everyone is difference in difference area of their body..I have a totally of 6 Tats and I would do it all over again..All In Color I am very Happy with all My Tats they look great My Friend..


A Friend,


poppy1|||I have one on my foot and that hurt really badly. My tattoo artist said its one of the places it hurts the most|||Besides the obvious(privates), the inside bicep hurts.|||ribs|||ON DA AZZ CUZ YOU CANT SIT DOWN CUZ I NEW DIS GURL WIT 1 ON HER AZZ AN SHE SED IT HURT LIKE HELL|||I%26#039;d say foot or ribs..also the spine hurts like a bi*ch

No comments:

Post a Comment